This is a complete list of death animations featured in Drillimation games. When characters die in Drillimation games, they die comically rather than realistically in the anime. Many death animations often vary by region, some are changed due to cultural reasons or they're offensive in that territory.
Driller Engine 1 EraEdit
- Mr. Driller - has multiple death animations for various things:
- Pitfall - Susumu disappears while the death jingle plays.
- Out of air capsules - Susumu collapses with his eyes depicted as "crosses".
- Crushing Hazard - When Susumu is crushed by a heavy object, usually a block, he can be seen squirming before his eyes are depicted as "crosses". Only his head and arms are visible due to sprite limitations.
- Fire exposure - Susumu turns to ashes, blinks his eyes twice, then disintegrates into a clump of ashes.
- Driller Engine 1 Lucky Star and Touhou Project games - when a character is struck by a bullet, they simply disappear with five of their power/point items (number varies) flying out from them. They then reappear in the central bottom of the screen if the player has any lives left in their reserves.
- Angry German Kid - has multiple death animations for various things:
- Pitfall - Leopold/Jake disappears while the death jingle plays.
- Out of air capsules - Leopold/Jake collapses while the background dims and all enemies disappear, similar to the death animations featured in Pac-Man and Dig Dug.
- Fire exposure - Leopold/Jake turns to ashes, blinks their eyes twice, then disintegrates into a clump of ashes.