"(Insert contentants) ...and you will win with over $25,000 on LINE THAT CLIMB UP!!! And now, here's your star of Line That Climb Up, PETER MARSHALL!"
Line That Climb Up is an unsold pilot hosted by Peter Marshall, announced by Kenny Williams (which was Kenny's final announcing job), produced by Bob Stewart and Sande Stewart and it was taped for NBC on April 14, 1982 in Burbank. However this was Kenny Williams' only announcing job he has done for Bob Stewart and Sande Stewart Productions and also was Peter Marshall's only hosting job he has done for Stewart.
Three contestants played the game on a mountain.
The format looks like the pricing game "Cliff Hangers" from The Price is Right. It is a mountain slope which ends at a cliff. There is a mountain climber on the base of the mountain, which will go up. The contestant, however has 2 minutes to reach to the cliff.
It is the main game, but played faster. But if the contestant has won, we will won a $25,000 price with a new car and a luxury trip.
- The theme of the show is the same as the one used on Pass the Buck and on the 1979 unsold pilot Caught in the Act.
- NBC however won't pick up the show, because it deemed too similar to the pricing game called "Cliff Hangers" from The Price is Right.
- The bonus round's theme is the same theme heard on the 1975 show Blankety Blanks and the 1986 show Double Take.
- This is one of the few programs Kenny Williams ever announced not to be produced by Merrill Heatter and Bob Quigley, the others were Stop the Music, Country Fair and Two for the Money.
- This is one of the two daytime attempts that Peter Marshall hosted after the cancellation of the daytime Hollywood Squares on June 20, 1980, the other was You Guessed It!.