In the English dub of the anime, the dialogue that Wataru and Susumu speaks was rewritten entirely by Marc Summers, as he did not clearly understand all of the dialogue in that scene. In the rewrite, he took an excerpt from the third scene of act 4 in William Shakespeare's Macbeth in order to contrast with referencing pop culture like in other episodes of the anime as well as various episodes of Lucky Star and Mr. Driller.
The revised dialogue was written like this:
- Susumu: I have lost my hopes.
- Wataru: Perchance even there where I did find my doubts. Why in that rawness left you wife and child, those precious motives, those strong knots of love without leave-taking? I pray you, let not my jealousies be your dishonors, but mine own safeties. You may be rightly just, whatever I shall think.
- Susumu: Bleed, bleed poor country! Great tyranny, lay thou thy basis sure, For goodness dare not check thee. Wear thou thy wrongs; the title is affeered. Fare thee well, lord. I would not be the villain that thou thinks for the whole space that's in the tyrant's grasp and the rich East to boot.
- Wataru: Be not offended; I speak not as in absolute fear of you. I think our country sinks beneath the yoke; it weeps, it bleeds, and each new day a gash is added to her wounds. I think withal there would be hands uplifted in my right, and here from gracious Gensoukyou have I offer of goodly thousands. But for all this, when I shall tread upon the tyrant's head, or wear it on my sword, yet my poor country shall have more vices than it had before, more suffer and more sundry ways than ever, by him, that shall succeed.
- Susumu: What should he be?
- Wataru: It is myself I mean, in whom I know all the particulars of vice so grafted that, when they shall be opened, black Dr. Manhole will seem as pure as snow, and the poor state esteem him as a lamb, being compared with my confineless harms.
- Susumu: Not in the legions of horrid heck can come a Demonoid more cursed in evils to top Dr. Manhole. (angrily) I shall turn his body into tiny pieces!