Hype Metropolis (formerly Hyper Metropolis) is a theme park in Reichetto, Kuboia which opened on 25th March, 1997, the same day as the resort it is located next to, Vortex World. It is the most popular amusement park in Kuboia, and attracts approximately 500,000 customers in a year.
According to Rodrick Miles, planning stages for the park began in 1994. Originally, the park was going to be called Death Parade, and was going to be themed after hell. The theme was eventually changed to a generic theme park, after it was decided that the concept of a theme park based on hell would be unusual and may cause offence to certain religious tourists. The amusement park was originally called Hyper Metropolis, but the "r" in "Hyper" was dropped in April 2003.
The park operates every year usually from the beginning of the Easter Holidays up to the end of October. The times the park is open from also changes based on the time of year as stated below:
- During the Easter Holidays, the park is generally open from 11:00p.m. until 7:00p.m.
- During the Summer Holidays, the park is generally open from 10:00a.m. until 8:00p.m.
- Outside of main school holidays, the park is usually only open on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays. On these days, the park opens at 11:00a.m., and closes at 6:00p.m. (7:00p.m. on Saturdays)
- Fish Cavern
- Halberd Shuttle Loop
- Pepsi Roulette
- Rainbow Road: The Ride
- Runaway Hype Train
- The Globe
- The Sphere Spinner
- Bowser's Castle - walkthrough attraction with gift shop at the end
- Maniac Maze - maze
- Sonic Speedway - go-karting area
- Hyper Ice Cream and Drinks Stand
Controversy, criticism and incidents
The short-lived Humanball was open temporarily in 2013 before it was closed after a total of five reports of head injuries. The ride was also notorious for causing most of its victims to become sick.
- Hype Metropolis noticeably uses The Amusements Mixtape throughout the entire park.
- When buying drinks from the Hyper Ice Cream and Drinks Stand, you are given a plastic bottle, which can hold 425 ml. You are also allowed free refills all day. However, is costs the same amount as a "Monster"-sized drink in the McDonald's.